Market Producers: Heather Bell Honey Bees, Cornish Mill and Bakehouse, Food of the Gods Raw Chocolate, Rosemullion Distillery
For the Puddings
4 tbsp butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the cups
4 tsp clear honey, plus extra for drizzling
100g self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
100g light muscovado sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
170g Greek yogurt
For the Honeyed Almonds
100g whole almonds
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp salt
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon almond oil
For the Honey Lace Biscuits
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons plain flour
Pinch of salt
For the Rum Chocolate Glaze
100g Raw Chocolate
50ml double cream
1 tbsp rum
To make the Puddings 1. Butter two large coffee cups or individual ramekins, then line the bottoms with a circle of non-stick paper. Add 1 tsp honey to the bottom of each.
2. Heat your oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, squashing any lumps of sugar with your fingers. Beat the egg, butter and yogurt together, then stir into the dry mix until smooth. Spoon the mix into the cups, and sit them on a baking tray.
4. Bake for 20 mins until risen and golden. Test if they’re ready by inserting a skewer – it should come out clean. You can make the puddings up to a day ahead, then reheat briefly in the microwave.
5. Loosen the edge of each pudding with a round-bladed knife, then up-turn them onto serving plates. Remove the lining disc, drizzle over a little more honey, then serve with the honeyed almonds, lace biscuits and rum chocolate glaze.
To make the Honeyed Almonds
1. Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven.
2. Turn oven on to 175C. Bake the almonds, stirring occasionally, until light tan and fragrant (12 to 15 minutes). The nuts will continue to cook after removing from the oven.
To make the Honey Lace Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, and honey. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk in the flour and salt until smooth.
2. Working quickly, drop half teaspoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets, at least 3 inches apart. Bake until the biscuits spread and turn golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer the sheet to a wire rack and let cool completely. With your fingers, carefully remove the biscuits from the sheet.
To make the Rum Chocolate Glaze
Heat the cream on the stove on a medium heat then add the chocolate and stir in until smooth. Add the rum and continue to heat and stir until the desired consistency is reached.